It’s been well over a year since I’ve posted to this page and there seems to be plenty of reasons I can think of as to why:
- Had a baby
- Learned how to deal with a newborn and a 1-year-old
- Went back to work
- Learned how to deal with an infant and 1-year-old while working
- Decided we’d be moving
- Listed our house
- Went house hunting 3.5 hours away (a bunchhhh of times)
- Sold our house
- Went under contract for one house. That fell through (looking at you, black mold)
- Bought a different house
- Said a lot of Good Byes
- Still learning how to start over in a new city with a 10-month-old and 2-year-old while maintaining relationships with previous clients
Throughout all of it I’ve thought about writing here again. But I continually questioned myself. Why? What’s the point? Who’s going to read it? Why should they read it?
I’m not baking cakes or training for a marathon. I’m not feeding my family a diet of things grown only in our garden (we don’t have one) or traveling the world with two kids under two (coming soon to theaters near you, TBD if the MA rating is derived from comedic or horror elements, but strong language is definitely a factor).
I don’t have a cute theme to fall back on so I’ve thought whatever I end up writing here will simply be one more thought in a broken world that is already filled with so many.
Despite these seeds of doubt, I continue to feel pulled to writing here.
So I’m going to follow that. And maybe a bigger purpose will present itself, or maybe it’s just so I can process the world we live in with an audience of myself, my mom, and some spam bots (Hi, Mom!).
Regardless, I’m choosing to trust that you don’t always have to have an end goal to start something. You don’t have to see the whole picture to begin, and if you continually feel pulled to do something, follow that feeling, and don’t be afraid to start over.